Chief Knowledge and Innovation Officer, Gilbert + Tobin
About Caryn Sandler
Caryn leads the Gilbert + Tobin Legal Service Innovation Team. This team provides specialised services to support our legal service delivery and innovates to deliver new tools and services benefiting Gilbert + Tobin’s practice and its clients.
A former practising corporate lawyer, Caryn brings 15 years of experience in legal, knowledge management, legal technology, change management, transformation and solution design to her role.
Caryn regularly works with a variety of in-house legal clients to explore opportunities for legal triage, better workflow management and automated service. Recent projects/experience include:
- Design of a new document management system and knowledge repository
- Smart Counsel, a digital platform targeted at in-house lawyers. Available through the web, iOS and Android app stores, this free app provides answers to FAQs and access to resources from Gilbert + Tobin’s foremost legal experts
- Internal due diligence automation tool (dd) which introduces standardised processes for conducting due diligence across Gilbert + Tobin and can be used on the most complex of transactions
- IPO Verification Tool which automates the verification process for disclosure documents
- ‘SmartSearches’, a suite of tools aiding efficiency and automating searches for client-based due diligence work
Managing 15 process mapping exercises to optimise some of Gilbert + Tobin’s most significant and frequent transaction/advice types. These exercises were designed to deliver time-based and monetary efficiencies for both Gilbert +Tobin lawyers and clients.
Gilbert + Tobin was recognised as Most Innovative Australian Law Firm at the Financial Times Asia-Pacific Innovative Lawyers Awards and placed second overall in the top 25 Asia Pacific headquartered law firms for two consecutive years (2014 and 2015), performing strongly across several categories as an innovation leader.