CeBIT Australia has evolved as the largest and most comprehensive annual gathering of industry, government and services in Australasia. With ten year’s experience, it has affirmed its place as the region’s premier business event.
Produced by Hannover Fairs Australia, a subsidiary of Deutsche Messe AG, CeBIT Australia was launched in 2002 at Sydney’s Darling Harbour Exhibition Centre, attracting an impressive 384 exhibitors and 13,155 visitors. Since its debut, CeBIT Australia has cemented its place as Australia’s leading ICT event, growing steadily each year, and expanding its reach.
CeBIT Australia 2013 is scheduled for 28 – 30 May, at Sydney’s Convention and Exhibition Centre Darling Harbour.
- CeBIT is the platform for the country’s highest concentration of business decision makers
- Business leaders, politicians and scientists come together at CeBIT
- CeBIT sets the agenda for Australian ICT industry
- CeBIT provides the environment to make thousands of business contacts and subsequent business deals worth hundreds of millions of dollars
- CeBIT is one of Australia’s top technology media events of the year, attended by more business and ICT media than any other event
- CeBIT generates an economic impact to the Australian economy greater than any other business technology event.
What happened last year?
CeBIT Australia was a hugely successful event in 2012 showing solid positive growth across visitors, delegates and exhibitors:
- 32,573 visitors from 38 countries
- 27% at C-level (CEO, CFO, CIO/CTO, MD, GM, Business Owner)
- 900,000 business contacts made
- 90% had a role in business technology purchasing
- 100% of federal government departments with major IT budgets
- 80% of top 200 Australian companies attending
- 350 accredited journalists and bloggers
- 500 million media contacts
- 35 national and international business delegations
- Partner Country was India: to develop trade and bilateral relations